Sweet Potato Muffins
Updated: Apr 15, 2018
I used leftover mashed American sweet potatoes (yams). These muffins are so fluffy and are great for someone who's not a fan of sweet potato pie at Thanksgiving dinner. I'm planning on trying pumpkin puree next time.
1 cup cooked mashed sweet potato*
3 large eggs
½ cup canola oil
1/8 tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp orange marmalade
3 tbsp milk
1 ½ cup allpurpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1. Place muffin cups into a muffin tin.
2. Preheat oven to 325 F.
3. With a mixer, blend the potato, eggs, oil, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, marmalade and milk together.
4. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
5. Add the dry ingredients in two parts to the liquid ingredients while slowly mixing.
6. Pour the batter into the muffin cups.
7. Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour and if an inserted toothpick comes out dry then they’re done.
8. Serve immediately with butter and marmalade or serve room temperature.
*If you have no leftover sweet potatoes to use, get a can of pureed sweet potato
YIELD: 12 muffins